Dr. V. Mageshwaran (Agricultural Microbiology)
|Dr. V. Mageshwaran (Agricultural Microbiology)|
- Joined service in ICAR as Agricultural Research Scientist on 04-11-2009
- Worked as Scientist at ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology, Mumbai from 15-03-2010 to 23-12-2019
- Working as Scientist at ICAR- National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Microorganisms, Mau since 24-12-2019 to till date
- Bacterial endophytes for biotic stress management
- Lignocellulosic biomass utilization
- Solid state fermentation
Significant recognition (Awards/Fellowships/Technologies transferred/Patents etc.):
1. Indian Agricultural Research Institute Scholarship for PhD program (Aug 2006 – Dec 2007)
2. Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for doctoral studies (Jan 2008 –Dec 2009)
3. Recognized by Mumbai University as a teacher for the M.Sc. degree (By Research) in Microbiology.
4. Best Research Paper Award 2014 for the paper titled “Gossypol detoxification in various cottonseed extractions by fungal cultures during solid state fermentation” by Indian Society for Cotton Improvement, Mumbai
5. Best Employee Award 2017 by ICAR-Central Institute for Research on Cotton Technology, Mumbai
6. Received “DD Sahayadhri Krushi Sanman Team Award 2019” for the work on better utilization practices of cotton stalks for welfare of cotton growers.
Technology patented/ transferred / commercialized
1. A complete patent (1477/MUM/2014 dated 28-04-14) was filed on “A novel process for gossypol reduction and nutritive quality improvement in cottonseed cake for its use in non-ruminants feed” at Mumbai, India.
2. Solid state fermentation for gossypol reduction and nutritive quality improvement in cottonseed cake
3. Accelerated process for preparation of bioenriched compost from cotton plant stalks
4. Popularized the technologies on preparation of bio-enriched compost and oyster mushroom cultivation using cotton stalks among the cotton growers of Vidarbha region
5. Eco-friendly enzymatic process for preparation of absorbent cotton from non-spinnable short staple cotton
Membership in societies:
1. Life member in Indian Society of Cotton Improvement (ISCI)
2. Life member of Indian Fibre Society (IFS)
3. Annual member of Cotton Research and Development Association (CRDA)
Identification of effective bacterial endophytic strains for sustainable management of soil-borne fungal pathogens in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) – Feb 2020 to Jan 2025
|S. No.||Type of publication||Nos|
|1.||Full length papers||37|
|2.||Abstract (International Seminar/ Conference)||9|
|3.||Abstract (National Seminar/ Conference)||17|
|4.||Books/ Book Chapter||2|
|5.||Technical bulletin/ News letter||10|
List of 10 best publications:
Govindasamy V, Senthilkumar M, Mageshwaran V and K Annapurna. 2009. Detection and Characterization of ACC deaminase containing plant growth promoting rhizobacteria. Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology. 18; 71-76.
Mageshwaran V, Suresh Walia, Govindasamy V and K Annapurna. 2011. Antibacterial activity of metabolite produced by Paenibacillus polymyxa strain HKA-15 against Xanthomonas campestris pv. phaseoli. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology.49: 229-233.
Mageshwaran V, Suresh Walia and K Annapurna. 2012. Isolation and partial characterization of antibacterial lipopeptide produced by Paenibacillus polymyxa HKA-15 against phytopathogen Xanthomonas campestris pv. phaseoli M-5. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 28: 909-917.
Mageshwaran V, Vital L and K Annapurna. 2012. Suppression of common blight disease by a bacterial endophyte in soybean. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 82 (4): 388-90.
Mageshwaran V, Mondal K K, Kumar U and K Annapurna. 2012. Role of antibiosis on suppression of bacterial common blight disease in French bean by Paenibacillus polymyxa strain HKA-15. African Journal of Biotechnology 11 (60): 12389 – 12395.
Mageshwaran, V and Parvez, N. 2016. Gossypol detoxification and lysine enrichment in cottonseed cake by solid state fermentation. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology 10(2): 1333-1339.
N.D. Kambli, V Mageshwaran, P.G. Patil, Sujata Saxena and R.R. Deshmukh. 2017. Synthesis and characterization of microcrystalline cellulose powder from corn husk fibres using bio-chemical route. Cellulose. DOI.101007/s10570-017-1522-4.
Mageshwaran, V., Shaikh, A and Kathe, A. A. 2017. Optimization of process parameters for gossypol detoxification in chemical disinfected cottonseed cake by mixed fungal culture during solid state fermentation. Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. 76: 714-719.
Mageshwaran V., Sharma V, M. Chinnkar, N. Parvez and V. Krishnan. 2018. Biodegradation of gossypol by mixed fungal cultures in minimal medium” Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology. 54 (3): 301-308.
Mageshwaran V., Varsha Satankar and P. Jagajanantha. 2019. Optimization of enzymatic process for preparation of absorbent cotton” Indian Journal of Fibre & Textile Research. 44: 223-229.