Dr. Pawan Kumar Sharma
|Principal Scientist (Plant Pathology)|
1. Agricultural Development Officer, Department of Agriculture, Govt. of
a. HP w.e.f. 1.4.1999 to 30.4.2001
2. Junior scientist, Regional Horticulture research Substation, Bhaderwah, Distt. Doda, SKUAST- Jammu w.e.f. 3.5.2001 to 18.4.2007
3. Senior Scientist, ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Manipur Centre, Lamphelpat, Imphal w.e.f. 25.4.2007 to 27.09.2013
4. Principal Scientist, National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Microorganisms, Mau, UP-795004 w.e.f. 28.09.2013 till date.
Research Interest: Biological control of plant diseases
Significant recognition (Awards/Fellowships/ Technologies transferred/ Patents etc.):
1. Bioved Young Scientist Associate Award 2015 ” for outstanding contribution made in the field of “ Plant Pathology ” on the occasion of “17th Indian Agricultural Scientists and Farmers’ Congress on “Agri-Innovation for Enhancing Production & Rural Employment ’’during 21- 22 Feb. 2015 organised under the auspices of Bioved Research Institute of Agriculture & Technology, Allahabad .
2. Received “Bharat Jyoti Award 2014” from India International Friendship Society (IIFC) during the conference on “Economic Growth and National Integration” at New Delhi for outstanding contribution in the field of science and technology.
3. Ganesh Sankar Vidyarthi Hindi Patrika Protsahan Puraskar (2013-14). For Shukshamjeeb Darshan published by ICAR-National Bureau of Agriculturally Important Microorganisms, Kushmaur, Maunath Nath Bhanjan, Uttar Pradesh, India. Editors: Udai Bhan Singh, Renu, D. P. Singh, Sushil Kumar Sharma and Pawan Kumar Sharma
Membership of Societies:
1. Life member “Indian Phytopathological Society”.
2. Life member “Indian Society of Mycology & Plant Pathology”.
3. Life member “Indian Society of Plant Pathologists”.
4. Life member “Society for Advancement of Rice Research”.
5. Life member Indian association of hill farming, ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Umroi Road, Umiam-793103(Meghalaya)
- Development of a bioformulation for management of wilt and collar rot of chickpea
- Research papers : 43 · Reviews : 1 · Books : Edited: 4 Authored:1
- Book Chapters :19 · Popular articles:37
- Extension folders: 4; Training manual: 2; Technical bulletin:15
- Abstracts: 45
List of publications (Best 10 publications) :
1. Sharma, O. P., Sharma, P. K. and Sharma, P. N. 1999. Seed transmission of BCMV as influenced by stage of inoculation infection and location of seed in pods of Phaseolus vulgaris. Indian J. of Virology 15: 98-100.
2. Jain, R. K., Sharma, J., Shivkumar, A. S., Sharma, P. K., Byadgi, A. S., Verma, A. K. and Varma, A. 2004. Variability in the coat protein gene of Papaya ring spot virus from multiple locations in India. Archives of virology 149(12): 2435-2442.
3. M A Ansari, N Prakash, L K Baishya, Punitha P, P K Sharma, J S Yadav, G P Kabuei and KL Levis Ch. 2014. Integrated farming system: An ideal approach for developing more economically and environmentally sustainable farming systems for the eastern Himalayan region. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences Vol.84 (3): 356–62.
4. M A Ansari, N Prakash, L K Baishya, P Punitha, J S Yadav, P K Sharma, Blessa Sailo and M H Ansari. 2013. Comparative study on conventional and improved integrated farming systems for sustainable production, income generation and employment opportunity among the tribal farmers in hilly Regions of Manipur. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences Vol.83 (7): 765–72.
5. N. Prakash, M. A. Ansari, P. Punitha and P. K. Sharma. 2014. Indigenous traditional knowledge and usage of folk bio-medicines among Rongmei Tribe of Tamenglong district of Manipur, India. African Journal of Traditional Complementary and Alternative Medicine Vol.11(3) 239-247.
6. V P Bhadana, P K Sharma, M A Ansari, L K Baishya, Punitha P, Shiv Datt, N Prakash and K S Rana. 2013. Food legumes for livelihood and nutritional security in North Eastern Himalayan Region: Prospects and constraints. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences Vol.83 (9): 899–906.
7. Ruchita Dixit , Wasiullah, Deepti Malaviya , Kuppusamy Pandiyan, Udai B. Singh, Asha Sahu , Renu Shukla , Bhanu P. Singh , Jai P. Rai , Pawan Kumar Sharma , Harshad Lade , and Diby Paul . Bioremediation of Heavy Metals from Soil and Aquatic Environment: An Overview of Principles and Criteria of Fundamental Processes. Sustainability 2015, 7, 2189-2212; doi:10.3390/su7022189.
8. Udai B. Singh, Deepti Malviya, Wasiullah, Shailendra Singh, Mohd. Imrana, Neelam Pathaka, Manzar Alama, Jai P. Rai, Rajiv K. Singh, B.K. Sarma, P.K. Sharma, Arun K. Sharma. (2016) Compatible salt-tolerant rhizosphere microbe-mediated induction of phenyl propanoid cascade and induced systemic responses against Bipolaris sorokiniana (Sacc.) Shoemaker causing spot blotch disease in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Applied Soil Ecology (108): 300–306.
9. Udai B. Singha, Deepti Malviyaa, Wasiullaha, Shailendra Singh, Jatindra K. Pradhana, Bhanu P. Singh, Manish Roy, Mohd. Imram, Neelam Pathak, B.M. Baisyal, Jai P. Rai, B.K. Sarma, Rajiv K. Singh, P.K. Sharma, Saman Deep Kaur, M.C. Mannah, Sushil K. Sharma, Arun K. Sharma. (2016). Bio-protective microbial agents from rhizosphere eco-systems trigger plant defense responses provide protection against sheath blight disease in rice (Oryza sativa L.) Microbiological Research. (192): 300–312
10. Supriya Babasaheb Aglawe , Umakanth Bangale, Rama Devi Sagili Jayasree Satya ,Vishalakshi Balija ,Bhadana Vijay Pal, Sharma Susheel Kumar , Sharma Pawan Kumar , Sudhir Kumar , SrinivasPrasad Maddamshetty , Sheshu Madhav Maganti (2017). Identification of novel QTLs conferring field resistance for rice leaf and neck blast from an unique landrace of India. Gene Reports 7 (2017): 35–42