Dr. Alok K. Srivastava
Designation: Principle Scientist (Plant Pathology)
Professional Experience: 24 years of research experience
esearch Interest: Biological Control, PGPR, de novo and reference genome sequencing of some important microorganisms, enrichment of microbial genomic resource repository, management of abiotic stresses and soil health through Bacillus and other predominant genera as PGPR, its capabilities related to soil fertility and plant nutrition mobilization, the production of bacterial phytohormones and solubilization of mineral phosphates, allow them to inhabit diverse niches in agro-ecosystems.
For further details of work visit: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=De5ciSsAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate&cstart=-60&pagesize=100,
Mobile: +91 9415358200
Significant recognition (Awards/Fellowships/ Technologies transferred/ Patents etc.)
BIOGROW:A consortium consisting of P solubilizing bacteria, siderophore and IAA producing bacteria for vegetable crops particularly solanaceous crops. In tomato, 25-30% increase in yield was recorded in treatment inoculated with BIOGROW.
Identification and detection of Macrophomina phaseolina by using species-specific oligonucleotide primers and probe.
Evaluation of a polyclonal antibody immunoassay for detection and quantification of Macrophomina phaseolina
Rapid detection and quantification of Fusarium udum in soil and plant samples using real-time PCR
HillolChakdar, Prem Lal Kashyap,Alok K Srivastava, PragyaSaxena (April 27, 2015) A method of high throughput fungal DNA template preparation and uses thereof. [Indian Patent Office No. 1170/DEL/2015]- Applicant: ICAR
Prem Lal Kashyap,HillolChakdar, Alok K Srivastava, Shalini Rai (May 07, 2015) A method of detection of Alternaria spp. and uses thereof. [Indian patent office No. 1287/DEL/2015.] Applicant: ICAR.
Membership of Societies: –
- Whole Genome Sequencing and Comparative Transcriptomics of Agriculturally important Microorganisms (AIMs) (ICAR CRP-Genomics platform)
- Reference and de novo draft Genome Sequencing of Potential AIMs and its functional Annotation (AMAAS)
- Microbial Genomic Resource Repository (AMMAS)
- Effective utilization of agrowastes through technologies involving mushroom production for livelihood security of farmers (Institute Project)
- Research papers: 80 (H index =18, I10 index=31, Citation= 1355)
- Reviews: 4 · Books : 5 · Book Chapters :15 · Popular articles:6 · Others
List of publications (Best 10 publications):
1.Kashyap PL, Rai P, Srivastava AK and Kumar S 2017. Trichoderma for climate resilient agriculture. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 33 (8), 155
2.Kashyap P.K., Rai S., Kumar S., Srivastava A.K., Anandaraj M. and Sharma A.K. 2015. Mating type genes and genetic markers to decipher intraspecific variability among Fusarium udum isolates from pigeonpea. Journal of Basic Microbiology 55(7):846-56. (NAAS rating: 7.82, IF: 1.585 )
3. Kashyap P.L., Rai A., Singh R., Chakdar H., Kumar S. and Srivastava A.K. 2016. Deciphering the salinity adaptation mechanism in Penicilliopsisclavariiformis AP, a rare salt tolerant fungus from mangrove. Journal of Basic microbiology 56 (7), 779-791 (NAAS rating: 7.82, IF: 1.5.8 )
4.Kashyap PL, Kumar S, Srivastava AK and Sharma AK 2013 Myconanotechnology in agriculture: a perspective. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 29( 2): 191-207. (NAAS rating: 7.6, IF: 1.658)
5.Kumar S., Rai S., Maurya D.K., Kashyap P.L., Srivastava A.K., Anandaraj M. 2013 Cross-species transferability of microsatellite markers from Fusarium oxysporum for the assessment of genetic diversity in Fusarium udum. Phytoparasitica 41 (5): 615–622 (NAAS rating: 6.68, IF:1.034 )
6. Kumar S., Singh R., Kashyap PL and Srivastava AK 2013 Rapid detection and quantification of Alternaria solani in tomato. Scientia Horticulturae 151:184-189. (NAAS rating: 7.6, IF: 1.624 )
7. Mahfooz S, Maurya DK, Srivastava AK, Kumar S and Arora DK. 2012 A comparative in silico analysis on frequency and distribution of microsatellites in coding regions of three formae speciales of Fusarium oxysporum and development of EST-SSR markers for polymorphism studies. FEMS Microbiology Letters. 328(1):54-60. (NAAS rating: 7.7, IF: 1.858)
8. Mahfooz S, Srivastava A, Srivastava AK and Arora DK. 2015. A comparative analysis of distribution and conservation of microsatellites in the transcripts of sequenced Fusariumspecies and development of genic-SSR markers for polymorphism analysis. FEMS Microbiology Letters 362(17): 1-11. (NAAS rating: 8.72, IF: 1.765)
9. Mishra A.K., Singh P.K., Singh P., Singh A., Singh S.S., Srivastava A., Srivastava A.K. and Sarma H.K. 2015. Phylogeny and evolutionary genetics of Frankia strains based on 16S rRNA and nifD–K gene sequences. Journal of Basic Microbiology. 55(8):1013-20 (NAAS rating: 7.82, IF: 1.585)
10. Rai S, Kashyap P.K., Kumar S., Srivastava A.K., and Ramteke P. W. 2016. Comparative analysis of microsatellites in five different antagonistic Trichoderma species for diversity assessment. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 32 (1), 8